Sunday, October 31, 2010

sept 26




today was a longer run than usual. it was one of the toronto marathons and i ran along for a few kms, just to see how it felt on the track. next year people, next year i will be in the event although i want to do just the half marathon. i'll get there. my 9.5 km felt really good. this is actually getting easier.


on the french side today's 9.5 took me through Triel-sur-Seine on the north side of the river. I crossed over to the south side of the river on a bridge on the D1 which is quite disappointing. It's a very modern ribbon of concrete not the lovely picturesque bridges that I've been seeing. It left me wondering about the clash of modern homogenous highways and urban sprawl and the typical french countryside. Will all this charm one day disappear? And then I came into Villennes-sur-Seine. Swoon.
distance today: 9.5 km
distance to date: 401.5 km

No comments:

Post a Comment