Sunday, October 31, 2010

oct 17 - major milestone

wait, where did the picturesque go??? this is seriously urban. i'm not sure what La Defense is, I really have to get a travel guidebook for some of this rather than relying just on google earth and wikipedia. La Defense appears to be the business district of Paris judging by all the towers. Great architecture, there's some really interesting towers here.

I found this shot online, it's a view of La Defense from the second level of the Eiffel Tower. That's how close I am now!!!
so today I began just south of La Defense, ran around this, back across the Seine and then onto a major highway. well that highway turned out to be the Champs-Elysees!!! And my 6.5 km today finished here!!! I'M IN PARIS!!!
It's taken a lot longer than planned as I find it hard to squeeze runs into life most days. But I've now run 434 km and I've made it to Paris (virtually at least!). Oh boy!!!
distance today: 6.5 km
distance to date: 431 km

No comments:

Post a Comment