Sunday, February 21, 2010

feb 21 - moo

todays run began eastward on the Rue de Berck through the town of Groffliers heading towards the good old D940. As I approached Waben I came across another reminder of the past, this German infantry bunker.
Once through Waben, (which took just a few minutes, small town) I again headed south to the open countryside. Running alone can be a bit dull but I can always have a conversation avec les vaches, they seem to be bilingual, moo is moo in any language.
The magnificent Baie d'Authie winds its way inland and I found this fantastic view from the Pont a Cailloux (remember le pont? the bridge). And so my run ends. About a half a km back I passed the Chateau de Colline Beaumont, I think I shall return there and see if they can put me up for the night. I suspect their wine cellar is definitely worth a visit! And I could use a nice hot shower, it was a long run today! I'm getting stronger!
Distance today: 7.2 km
Distance to date: 109.7 km

No comments:

Post a Comment